Cast XMR - high speed CryptoNight miner for RX Vega GPUs 1.4.0
Updated on August 27th, 2018 to version 1.4.0
Cast XMR is specially optimized for the Radeon RX Vega series of GPUs, reaching hash rates of more then 2000 CryptoNight Hashes/s on an single RX Vega 56 or Vega 64 GPU.
Hash faster and try it for yourself:
- Full support for:
- CryptoNight (Classic)
- CryptoNight Heavy
- CryptoNightXHV Heavy
- CryptoNightV7 Lite
- CryptoNightTUBE Heavy aka CN Saber
- CryptoNight Fast
- Fastest miner for AMD Radeon RX Vega GPU series
|* 10 min average, Adrenalin Driver 18.4.1|
|RX Vega 64
|RX Vega 56
|Vega Frontier Edition
|RX 480/580 8GB
|RX 470/570 8GB
- Multiple GPU support
- Monitor temperature and fan speed of each GPU
- Full pool support
- Nicehasher support
- Fast Job Switch option to minimize outdated shares
- Remote http access for statistics in JSON format
- Rate Watchdog to monitor each GPU performance
- Includes switch-radeon-gpu command line tool to restart GPUs, switch on/off HBCC, Compute Mode and Large Pages support for Radeon GPUs
- only 1.5% dev fee
- Windows 8/8.1/10 64 bit
- AMD Radeon RX Vega 56/64 GPU
- or AMD Radeon Vega Frontier Edition GPU
- or AMD Radeon RX 480/RX 580 GPU with at least 4GB RAM
- or AMD Radeon RX 470/RX 570 GPU with at least 4GB RAM
- For about 50% higher hash rates the ReLive Edition Beta for Blockchain Compute Driver Version 17.30.1029 or Radeon Driver 18.3.4 or Radeon Driver 18.4.1 has to be installed
cast_xmr has a command line interface. For a minimal configuration run:
cast_xmr -S [pool server] -u [username or wallet address] --algo=[n]
--algo option specifies which CryptoNight variant to use:
--algo=0for CryptoNight (Classic)
If algo is not specified the correct one for mining Monero will be selected.
To select which GPU to use the
-G switch, e.g. for using the 2nd card use:
cast_xmr -S [pool server] -u [username or wallet address] -G 1
To select multiple GPU to use the
-G switch and list comma separated the GPUs which should be used, e.g. for using the 1st and 3rd card use:
cast_xmr -S [pool server] -u [username or wallet address] -G 0,2
In case you have multiple OpenCL implementation installed or mixed GPUs (Nvidia, Intel, AMD), the correct OpenCL implemenation can be selected with the “–opencl” switch:
cast_xmr -S [pool server] -u [username or wallet address] --opencl 1 -G 0
For a complete list of configuration options run:
--intensity the memory allocation of the card can be optimized. If not specified an intensity will be selected which should give under most circumstances a stable hash rate. Depending on many factors (no monitor attached to card, HBCC turned off) the intensity can be increased to reach higher hash rates.
Intensity can be set in the range from 0 to 10 (on some GPUs upto 12). It can be specified for each GPU separately by separating the values by comma. To set GPU0 to intensity 10, GPU1 to default intensity (-1) and GPU2 to intensity 7 following can be specified:
cast_xmr -G 0,1,2 --intensity=10,-1,7 (... rest of configuration ...)
Note: If the intensity is set to high the hash rate can decrease, so higher is not always better. Also the stability can decrease with higher intensity, observed as a sharp drop of the hash rate after a few minutes running.
As the processing is done in a large batch in parallel a processing round trip can take a few seconds. In cases where the pool sends a new job the processing time until the batch ends is lost and will generate ‘Outdated Shares’. To prevent this add the
--fastjobswitch to immediately switch to the new job. The displayed hash rate can fluctuate more then without the option so enable after finding your desired intensity and settings. Depending on the rate of job changes the net hash rate can increase up to 10% as nearly no ‘Outdated Shares’ will be produced anymore.
--ratewatchdog option to let Cast XMR monitor the hash rate of the GPU, if a sustained drop in hashrate is detected the effected GPU will be restarted.
Cast XMR Version 1.4.0 (2018/8/27)
- 3% performance improvement for CryptoNightTUBE-Heavy when mining BitTube (TUBE)
- Support for Festival Coin (FEST) upcoming update which introduces a new CryptoNight variant: CryptoNightFEST. Use
--algo=9to continue mining Festival Coin after the network update happened
- Subtle performance improvements
- Tested with Radeon Adrenalin Driver 18.5.1
Cast XMR Version 1.3.0 (2018/6/29)
- Performance improvement for job switches with multiple GPUs
- Support for BitTube (TUBE) V4 Pow Update which introduces the new algo CryptoNightTUBE-Heavy aka CN Saber. Stay on
--algo=5to switch automatically from CryptoNightIPBC-Lite to CryptoNightTUBE-Heavy when the update is happening (approx. 2nd July). Please note that the hash rate will drop as it is a switch from a Lite to a Heavy variant.
Cast XMR Version 1.2.5 (2018/6/19)
- Support for CryptoNight-Fast introduced with the Masari (MSR) update. Set
--algo=8to mine Masari (MSR). CryptoNight-Fast will produce higher hash rates than classic CryptoNight, typical hash rates are:
- Vega64, 1025 Mhz MemClock: 3630 Hashes/s
- Vega56, 945 Mhz MemClock: 3700 Hashes/s
- VegaFE, 1025 Mhz MemClock: 3900 Hashes/s
- RX 470/570, 2250 Mhz MemClock: 1550 Hashes/s
Cast XMR Version 1.2.0 (2018/6/12)
- Fix for “unauthenticated shares” pool error
- Support for the upcoming Haven (XHV) V3 update. In case you are mining Haven set
--algo=7now. Cast will then automatically switch to CryptoNightXHV-Heavy when the network update is happening.
Cast XMR Version 1.1.5 (2018/6/7)
- Fix for mixed up device order
- Support for Stellite (XTL) V4 Update. Add
--algo=6in case you are mining Stellite. It will automatically switch to CryptoNightXTL when the network update is happening.
- Stability fixes
Cast XMR Version 1.1.0 (2018/6/1)
- All new
--intensityoption to specify the memory allocation in the range of 0 to 10 (up to 12 for Vega Frontier Edition). The default setting will correspond with the settings of version 1.0 and are displayed at startup.
- Vega Frontier ‘Large Pages’ support added, upto 30% higher hash rates for CryptoNight-Heavy, 5% increase for CryptoNight
- Includes the switch-radeon-gpu command line tool to restart GPUs, switch on/off HBCC, Compute Mode and Large Pages
- Nicehash supports now up to 24 GPUs (previous version was limited to 8)
--maxmemoption is deprecated, will now be mapped to an corresponding intensity setting
--forcecomputeis deprecated, ‘Compute Mode’ of Polaris GPUs will be automatically detected. To overwrite use the
- Default mining algo changed to CryptoNightV7, to still mine CryptoNight Classic add
- Tested with Radeon Adrenalin Driver 18.4.1
Cast XMR Version 1.0.0 (2018/4/24)
More info about Cast XMR Version 1.0.0 and earlier versions can be found here.
What about Linux?
A Linux version is technicaly ready, but does by far not reach the same performance as the Windows version, still investigating.